Friday, August 30, 2013

Half Way There

Well, I've finally reached the point in my MTC experience where the amount of days spent exceed the amount of days remaining. I am on the beginning of my 4th week! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?? So the good news is that I did receive all those pictures over email. So I can receive pictures. Just not emails containing links. I think. 

Anywho, the MTC is sort of extra awesomely fabulous. I love it here, as always. Elder Edwards left Tuesday morning to the Brazil MTC, so we were released as Zone Leaders on Sunday. It's kind of relieving since now I have more time to do stuff at night since I'm not going around to 10 rooms to give spiritual thoughts. So I was put into a trio with Elder Snow and Elder Bohn. Elder Snow is from Springfield, VA and he's our new District Leader. He rocks. Elder Bohn is from Marietta, GA, and he also rocks. We are the ultimate tri-panionship. The only different thing is when we teach an investigator. (BTW the "investigators" are our teachers acting as an investigator they taught from their mission and we teach them...it is a really cool experience...we treat them like real pesquisadors [investigators] we pray for them, we teach to their needs...etc. ) Now when we teach, there are 3 of us, and Elder Bohn and Elder Snow prepare and teach a little differently than Elder Edwards and I did, but it's is still so fun. So the investigator we are teaching now is named Patricia, which I thought was super cool. We committed her to baptism last lesson, but she has to ask her parents first. 

I feel like my Portuguese is progressing very well, I just need to continue to study as much as I can. Speaking of languages, I can now bear my testimony in French. Pretty dandy. Je sais que la Livre de Mormon est vrai, e je sais que L'eglise de Jesus-Christ est vrai. Je veux parler en Francais. I'm definitely going to learn French, Spanish, Italian, etc when I'm back.  

Anyways, this last Tuesday, we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Neil L Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was such a fantastic experience. He talked about sacrifice and love. One phrase he kept repeating was "You sacrifice the things you love, and you love the things you sacrifice for." I know it sounds a little redundant, and that's exactly what I was thinking when he said it, but take time and think about it. Whether it be a couple minutes or a couple days, you'll understand it. That's why I'm out here on a mission, to sacrifice my time for someone I love, My Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be out here and to serve the Lord! In the Book of Mormon, very last chapter, Moroni 10, it talks about some quality stuff, and I exhort all of you to read it and ponder on its words. It is one fantastic chapter. The entire Book of Mormon is amazing, so read that too. 

So I thought I'd run you through a day in the life of Elder Hintze. Welllllll....I get up at 6:15 or 6:30 (depending on how tired I am) and I go get in the shower. Breakfast is at 7:15 (I normally eat bagels with cream cheese). 7:45-9 is personal study time in the classroom. From 9-11:55 is classroom instruction. 12-12:45 is lunch. 12:45-1:45is TALL (Technology Assisted Language Learning) time. TALL is an LDS language learning computer program. We learn discussion/vocab/grammer etc. 2-4:55 is either instruction or study time then pre-gym then gym time. Then 5-5:45 is dinner and then from 6-9 is either instruction or study time then pre-gym then gym time. For gym time I either go running or play baseball. I've been playing a lot of baseball lately, and I'm getting pretty dandy. I think I have the farthest hits. I always hit it into the sisters soccer field. Its pretty fun. I enjoy it a lot. Speaking of sports, did anyone know that SVU has a football team? I did not. And they also let you transfer to BYU now. Pretty cool, huh? A sister in our zone was just there and then transferred to BYU, so I talked to her about it. 

Anyways, I thought that was cool. So on my way here to come email y'all, I ran into none other than Elder Simmons, so I got a picture with him...and then guess who followed right next to him? Elder Thomas. So I also got a picture with him that I'll be sending you guys. Pretty cool stuff. 




Also, I HAVE SO MANY SNACKS IN MY ROOM. SO MANY. I have a drawer full of cookies, a drawer full of various unhealthy snacks, and a drawer with a few healthy bars. Yeah, I love it. Also, the MTC book store sells chips and queso....So I've been in heaven. And I also have so many peanut butter cups, my goodness. 3.75 pounds of peanut butter cups. geeze louise, I am loved. 

Also, if anyone ever needs any spiritual uplifting, talk to Sam Goodnight. His letter made me so happy and inspired me so much. He's da man. 

Anyways, I love you guys a ton and I can't wait for whats ahead! It's crazy to think I could have my reassignment in 2 weeks! The days are weeks, the weeks are days. It seems like just yesterday I was emailing you last. Okay, anyways, keep the letters coming. I may not respond quickly, but know that I get all your dear Elders, and I love them. I also love handwrittens (thank you my beautiful sister Katie who I absolutely adore). I love you guys a ton. Je T'aime (French) O Fatoo (Tongan) Eu amo voces (Portuguese) I LOVE YOU!!!! (English). Do good things and spread the gospel like creamy peanut butter. Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment