Sunday, August 18, 2013

Testimony and Cool Tying of the Ties

Howdy Family,

Well, Sundays are the coolest thing here at the MTC.  Breakfast is cereal on Sundays (Woot Woot!)[Just Kidding] But all the food is musto delicioso.  I've been teaching a lot about oils (essential oils).  The Elders in my district think they're so awesome.  So I get with my district and ended up almost giving a physics lesson.  It was kinda funny.  Anyways, I talk a lot about the brain with Elder Edwards.  So today in class they all started talking about how smart I was and how my ACT score was probably the highest it could be.  I was laughing because I got a 23.  So when I told them, they started claiming the system was flawed.  It was a nice funny confidence booster.  I ran into Tate Simmons!  He lives in the same building as me so we'll be seeing other a lot.  So Elder Bednar gave a talk that we watched on video entitled "The Characteristics of Christ".


It was incredible and talked about how just because we have a testimony doesn't mean we're converted.  We need to show it our actions.  My take from it was that we can know of Christ in the same way we can know about Biology.  But we don't know anything about Biology until we study it.  We need to do the same thing with Jesus Christ.  Study him out in the Bible, Book of Mormon, Words of the Prophets, etc... then we can understand Him.  Anyway's, Elder Edwards and I have been called as Zone Leaders over 2 districts right now and 2 more coming in this Wednesday.  SO we will be Zone Leaders over 4 districts.  WOW!  It;s such a humbling experience.  Especially since we're so new.  The assignment lasts 3 weeks so that the new districts have opportunities for leadership.  Anyways, tomorrow is our 3rd lesson with João and we're teaching him the Plan of Salvation.  My plan is to learn enough of the vocabulary so I can teach the lesson without my notes.  Eh, I'll let you know how I do.  Another fun fact-our district is all going to Brazil except for Ender Nash, who's going to Angola in Africa, Portuguese speaking.


So he ties his tie in this awesome way, so I figured it out and we're trying to make it viral.  Our goal is to have the MTC Presidency doing it by next week.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Anyways, I love you all so much and I miss you.  Send me Dear Elders!  (www.dearelder.com) Those rock because I get them the same day.  I aslo can say the stupidest sentences here that make absolutely no sense and everyone laughs because they assume there's a pun....It's kinda silly.  Okay, love ya guys.

               Elder Hintze

No comments:

Post a Comment