Monday, June 1, 2015

Os Tres Nefitas

WELL HELLOOOOO!

So right now, I'm in a trio with Elder Miller and Elder Barros. This week was intense. So here in São Gabriel, there are 2 branches. In the last transfer there were 2 companionships in each branch, and the area of the branch was split, giving each companionship an area to work in. But in one of the branches, the sisters were transferred out, and now there are only elders. So along with working in the area of Elder Miller and Elder Barros, we have to open the sisters area, AND my area. So basically, we're working in 3/4ths of the city...and it's not too small.  But it's way fun. 

So I arrived here on Tuesday night, but Elder Miller and Elder Barros were in Santa Maria for the mission counsel, so when I arrived, I was the only Elder in São Gabriel. The Sisters took the keys to the house and my cell phone to the bus station, and gave them to me, and then I took a taxi to our house and I was there all alone for 5 hours waiting for the other Elders to arrive. It was weird being alone, holy moly. I cleaned the house, reorganized everything, unpacked my bags, and stuff like that. Then they arrived. 

It's getting quite cold here, and we're all using sweaters and jackets. It's pretty scary when 3 guys in black jackets knock on your door to talk to you. But beyond this, we're working a whole lot. This whole week, we were just getting to know the city, and opening a bunch of the areas here. It's tiring but it's fun. We walk a lot. But it's all good. I'm just grateful to be here on a mission and be learning so many things. Every day, I learn so much. I wish I could send emails about everything that I learn and about all the experiences that I have, but the time is super limited. But just know that I love you all and I'm so grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ! 

















I love ya'll!

Elder Hintze

No comments:

Post a Comment