Monday, May 25, 2015

BIANCA e KITKAT

Wellllllllllllll I'dVE GOT NEWS.

So I'm being transferred! It's hard to believe that it's my last transfer, holy cows. I'll be the District Leader in São Gabriel and I'll be training a new missionary and opening the area (The 8th area that I will have opened on my mission). São Gabriel is a small city. For example, you can normally tell how big the city is by the amount of missionaries there are. Here in Uruguaiana, there are 20 missionaries. In Santa Maria, there are about 46 missionaries. In São Gabriel there are only 6. I'll be serving in a branch there. But good news, I'll be living with Elder Miller and Elder Barros! Elder Miller is from Washington DC too, and he goes home with me, and Elder Barros is the ex-assistant and is the coolest guy ever (and Katie's future husband). I'll be in a trio with them for 2 weeks while I wait for me new "son" to get to the mission. So this is a secret, but I'll be the first American missionary to train another American missionary in the Brazil Santa Maria Mission during the reign of President Parrela. My new companion has been serving in the US and has to pass through the MTC in São Paulo for 2 weeks before entering the mission. This is new for all the visa waiters who come to Brazil. I didn't have to do it. But I'll be waiting for him, and while I wait, I'll be in a trio with the champions of the mission! Woot woot!


So this week was pretty simple. We planned some family nights with a lot of families. I had a feeling that I would leave (because I've been here forever) and so I planned these family nights strategically. After hearing the news, we passed in the houses of a lot of families and said goodbye. It was sad and I will really miss Uruguaiana. The first time I passed here, I didn't like it. But I'm so glad that I came back so that I could learn to love this place. I love Uruguaiana so much! In total, I've been in Uruguaiana for 10 months, and I've passed in 3 wards in this stake. Holy guacamole. They've practically transferred my membership record here. But here in Uruguaiana, I was able to see the hand of God acting in so many people's lives. I was able to feel the Spirit of the Lord so strong, testifying of the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon, the Restoration of the Gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith, and the truthfulness of the Lord's Restored Church that is today on the earth. I'm grateful for the things I've learned out here in the middle-of-nowhere-Brazil. I now know why when I looked at my mission map for the first time, I was so curious about that random city on the border of Argentina, "Uruguaiana". But man how I love this place. 

I'm grateful to be here on a mission. I know the Lord loves me and wants me to succeed, as he loves each one of you and wants you all to succeed. He's given me this chance to show him that I'm willing to work and serve him. I've been giving one the hardest callings in the mission....a District Leader, opening an area, and training someone who doesn't speak the language. Por favor, pray for me. I'll need it. 


I love you all so much! You all rock socks. Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to keep your thoughts full of good things, so that your words are clean and charitable, so that your actions are good and are in service to the lord. Keep your thoughts like this by your scripture study and daily prayers. 


I love you all so much and I hope your week is better than a lobster in Maine that didn't get eaten. 

ABRAÇO MUITO FORTE PARA TODOS VOCÊS, 

ELDER HINTZE

No comments:

Post a Comment