Monday, March 16, 2015

Kit Kat and H2OHHHH

Hello People!

So this week was pretty simple. Last P-day I traveled to Santa Maria for the Mission Counsel. It was great at the Zone Leaders were able to discuss what we can do better as a mission. Afterwards, I had the rest of the day to just wait. And my bus would leave after lunch on the next day, so I just spend the afternoon visiting members in the city that I love. I went with another Elder from Washington, DC and we ate the best flippin' cake ever at a members house. It was pretty darn sweet. It was so great to see all the great members and recent-converts that were there.



We got back to Uruguaiana on Wednesday night. We went to the store and bought some stuff to make dinner. And then we slept!



We had a really cool experience this week with the Area Book. We found the name of a couple that were being taught a couple years ago but weren't baptized because they weren't married. We decided to visit them. We got there and started to talk to him. His name is Rodrigo and he said that he's known the church since 2006 but it's been 3 years since the missionaries hadn't passed at their house. He explained that the only reason that he wasn't baptized was because he wasn't married, but in the past 3 years, him and his wife had gotten married. We challenged them that night to baptized on the 11th of April. He accepted!. The next day, we went and started to explain about the Restoration of the Church, and he already knew everything! We watched the Restoration Film with him and we testified that God has called a prophet again. We left him with a talk from Thomas S. Monson, and left the challenge for him to pray to know if the Book of Mormon was true. It was a great experience and now the Ward will have one more family!



We've been working a lot with another family, Tiago and Patricia. They go to church, read the scriptures, and pray together! They're great! They're going to get married on the 28th and their baptism will be a little bit after. Pray for them that everything will go right!




I love being here on a mission! I love the opportunity to serve the Lord, and show my love for him through this great service. I love you all, and just want you to know that I know that the Church is true, and that the Book of Mormon is a proof of the truthfulness of this Church. Please read from the Book of Mormon daily and gain a testimony of it, so that you can also feel the same joy that I feel from knowing that this book is true.




I love y'all!

Elder Hintze

1 comment: