Monday, May 26, 2014

Welcome to the Other Side of the Equator

Well, to start off, I'm emailing you guys in a winter coat with a sweater, and thermal clothing under my dress clothes. So here was my week:

-It is extremely cold, oh my goodness. I normally walk with 2-3 pairs of socks, thermals, dress pants, a sweater, a jacket, and the giant winter coat you got me. And it's only May. In July and August, I can't even imagine how crazy it's gonna be. Welcome to Brazil.

-Elder Pontes and I have iniciateda special program for our companionship. Every other day, we do a special fast. The first 2 days weren't that hard, but I'm actually starting to fell hungry now, which is good. It makes it feel more like a sacrifice and I'm feeling the Spirit a lot stronger. This fasting is also bringing about a lot of miracles! We found a couple and started to teach them, Rafael and Iliane. They are super cool and they accepted the baptismal invite. It was super cool. Also we're seeing a lot of protection. This city isn't very dangerous, but something cool happened. Elder Pontes and I had marked an appointment with a less-active that is getting over a drug addiction. It was night, and we were about to go, but we had a feeling to go meet with a recent-convert on the other side of the area. So we followed our feelings and went there. Nothing special happened, (except for a chocolate cake that was waiting for us),, but we later found out that the drug dealers had tried to break into the house of this less-active that same night, and they tried to ruff up his brother in law. But because we listened to the Spirit, we were protected. It was super sweet.

-I've been thinking a lot about my childhood lately, and I'll I have to say is that I am so grateful for my amazing parents who raised me so well to know that the Gospel is true, and that families can really be happy and unified. You guys rock.

Well, besides the cold and the work, there's nothing else going on in my life. I'm just so happy tobe here in Brazil! I love my mission, and I love this work!

Challenges of the week:

1. Write your testimony to me in Portuguese
2. Read a talk from General Conference, Oct. 2013, and write me an email about what you learned.

"In the sight of the Lord, it is not so much what we have done or where we have been but much more where we are willing to go."
-Edward Dube

Well, I love you all! This Church is true. If you don't know it yet, just ask the creator of all truth. He'll tell you.

Rock on.

Elder Hintze

No comments:

Post a Comment