Monday, May 19, 2014

Rolling Hills and Deutsch

Ich bin Deutch lernen!

So this week was sweeter than honey pie. I'm in my new area of Cruz Alta, after many events I made it to P-Day!

Okay, so here was my week:

-So I left Uruguaiana at 4 pm last Pday and after 8 hours of travel alone, I arrived in Cruz Alta at 12:30 in the morning! When I arrived, absolutely nobody was waiting for me. haha I was in a new city, alone, and in the middle of the night. Luckily, some nice man let me use his cell phone and I called the Secretaries. Luckily (again), they were awake still because they had a meeting with President Parrela. So they called the Zone Leaders and they came and got me! haha. So I'm good.

-On the bus ride, the bus was stopped by the Brazilian Military. They asked for all the passengers to show their identification, and I, being the only foreign person on the bus, had a different type of ID than everyone else. The soldier walked over and looked at me and asked where my passport was, and I had to explain that the church has it in the mission headquarters in Santa Maria. Nothing happened. They left, and I was fine. But oh, how scared I was.

-So Cruz Alta is BEAUTIFUL! It's rolling hills and extremely green. The city is much smaller than Uruguaiana, but much more developed. It feels like a mix of San Juan, Paris, and Old Town Leesburg. It is sweet. I absolutely love it here. It's small,. peaceful beautiful, and the people are so nice. I love it.

-The people here speak portuguese with an Irish accent

- There is a member of our ward who speaks German! I talked with her yesterday, and she started to teach me some stuff! It was her first language becuase her parents were german and owned a farm here. She hasn't spoken it since she was little, though, so here vocabulary is limited to farm language with bad grammar. But, she gave us a reference to a lady who speaks German better, and we're gonna try and read Das Buch Mormon with her! It's cooler than coolers.

-My companion is Elder Pontes, and he is super cool. He was baptized 7 years ago and went to church all alone for 6 months until his dad was baptized. Then his dad went inactive, but Elder Pontes kept going to church. And after 1 year of the mission, his mom was baptized! I think it's an awesome story. But he rocks, and right now he's our district leader.

Well, this was my week. it was super sweet. and I love it here in Cruz Alta! I'm happy and working! So I have a task for all of you. I want you all to read this article.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/the-windows-of-heaven?lang=eng

Pray before hand and ask the Lord what you need to learn and what he wants to teach you. Then read it and think of all the different ways that the Lord blesses us. Also think about the form in which blessings come. I promise better understand of the blessings that the Lord sends us.

Well, I love you all a whole heap and I hope you all keep strong. Read the scriptures!

Até próximo,

Elder Hintze

No comments:

Post a Comment