Monday, January 26, 2015

Careço de Carlos

HELLO!

So the sad sad news of the day....I"M BEING TRANSFERRED! :(((( This was by far my favorite ward that I ever passed in and with my favorite companion, the Great Elder Chuman. The members were amazing, the work was hard but fun, and I made some amazing eternal friends. I'm so grateful that the Lord gave me this opportunity to serve here with these amazing people. What a bummer that it was just one transfer. It seriously breaks my heart. But the Lord is wiser than I am, so I trust that his plans are for the better.



I'm heading off to Uruguaiana, where I started my mission! I've already passed in 2 wards in this city, and this will be my 3rd ward there! I'll serve in the Ipiranga Ward. I'll be the Zone Leader there with Elder Aguiar. I don't know him yet, but I heard he is awesome (and a professional soccer player!) Pray a lot for me and my new calling. I'll be needing it.

So this last week was the baptism and confirmation of Maria Eduarda! It was such a spiritual experience and it was really cool to see the change in her! I'm grateful that I was able to be part of this amazing experience in her life. Afterwards, the bishop came up and thanked me. Apparently, about a year ago, she was going to be baptized, but the night before, she backed out. The missionaries had been trying that whole year to get her to start coming to church again and be baptized, but it just didn't work out. But then, Elder Chuman and I were able to help her and she was finally baptized. I believe that maybe I was called to serve here to help out Maria Eduarda! What a cool experience. Mom, when we return here in August or September, we are definitely visiting the members of this ward. They are all excited to meet you!



This week was amazing, but I can only thank our Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to be here and to have served here in the Parque Pinheiro Ward.

I love being here on a mission so much, and I'm so grateful for the Gospel.

I love you all so much!

ADIOS MUCHACHOS

ELDER HINTZE

No comments:

Post a Comment