Monday, December 15, 2014

The Government Shut Down the Canadian Wilderness Association

So TRANSFERS! 

I'm being transferred to Santa Maria! I'll serve in the Parque Pinheiro ward and I'll continue on as District Leader there. My companion will be Elder Chuman. I don't know him yet, but I bet he's awesome. 



It's so hard to leave this place! Alegrete is the best city ever. I love all of these people so much, and it's hard to say goodbye to these people that were a part of my life for these 5 months. Here, I was able to feel just a little tiny bit of the love that Heavenly Father has for all his children, as I served the people in this ward. It was amazing to be able to see the talents and abilities of each and every member that I got to know, and to get to know their potential as sons and daughters of God. I am so grateful that God gave me the opportunity to serve these people and to hear and be changed by their testimonies. I love this Gospel so much, and I know that wherever God puts us is where we need to be. Trust in him, and keep his commandments so that he can trust in you.



So this week was full of service projects, salgadinhos, and saying goodbye to loved ones. 



So, yes. I have officially cut someones lawn with a kitchen knife. 



On Wednesday, we 2 service projects. We cut one of the brothers lawn, and then we ran over to Vinicius and Claudia's house to do some more yard week. We pulled some weeds, and took out a bunch of trees. It was a lot of work, and I have learned, you should never let a Peruvian take out an orange tree. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. I cut the tree down with an axe, and then he told me he knew how to take the roots out. So he grabbed the axe and just started tearing apart the trunk that was still left. And all that it has now is just a crazy destroyed piece of broken wood sticking out of the ground, and it's 10x harder to take out. But it was awesome. 



On Thursday, it was  "Noite dos Salgadinhos". "Salgadinhos" literally means "Little Salties" but it's like little snacks that aren't sweet...like appetizers. Sandra, one of the sisters in the ward, made 350 salgadinhos for the ward, and they were amazing. We talked about how this Christmas, we will celebrate Jesus Christ, and that he needs to be our foundation. After the message, we sang "Que Firme Alicerce" (How Firm a Foundation), and then we ate salgadinhos. It was a good night. 



Friday morning, we heard news about transfers, and the rest of the week was saying goodbye to members and investigators. 



Sunday, was testimony meeting, and it was hard not to cry. Almost every testimony, the members got up and thanked me for my work in the ward. They let me know that I would be missed. I was keeping the dears in until Suzete, the mom of one of my favorite families, got up and started crying and told me that I'd be missed. My goodness, the tears filled up my eyes. It is so hard to leave these people that I love so much. AH! I know that Heavenly Father sent me here! This is where I needed to be, and now, in Santa Maria, I know that I'll go exactly where I need to be, as well.



The Church is true! This is the true church of Jesus Christ, and the only path to true happiness. 

I hope your week is amazing, and I love you all so much. 

LOVE YOU

ELDER HINTZE

No comments:

Post a Comment