Monday, April 21, 2014

Hola People

Howdy folks. So this week was weird. Last Sunday, it was super duper cold and then the rest of the week was flippin' hooootttt. I do not understand. I feel like I'm in the bipolar whether of Virginia again. But all is well. Easter was pretty dandy. 

So my week:
-Tuesday, we went back to teach Claudia, that one lady that accepted baptism. She was there and we taught her, but I'm starting to think that she doesn't get it. We explained very clearly and simply that if the Book of Mormon is true, than our church is the only true church in the world, and the only way we can really return to our Heavenly Father. But she keeps saying things like "But I already got my church and I don't think God wants me to go church-hopping." Bah. But her she said her son doesn't have a church and so we started teaching him. His name is Lauro, and he went to church with us on Sunday! We thought he would be sleeping because it was early, it was a holiday, and he's a skateboarding 16 year old. But we got to his house, and he was all ready, waiting outside, so that was cool.
 
-Lázaro is 11 and we've been working with him for a while. His mom was pregnant so it was hard to get in with them. She's inactive, and a little protective of her kids, but they're cool. She had the baby Wednesday (and he is the cutest darn little baby ever), and we got a good lesson in with them this week. And then the mom let Lázaro go to church with us. I think she's opening up to letting him get baptized, which is sweet peas. But keep them in your prayers. 

Me and Paulinho at the river. Paulinho is the only member in his family but I think he's one of the strongest members in the ward. He's the coolest. and his name means Little Paul


-We did 2 service projects this week. We painted a house, and then we cemented the walls of another house. It was pretty sweet. I have a newly developed skill of making and applying cement now. Yeah, I'm cool. 

-I made crepes last P-day, and my companion loved them, and he tells all the families about them, so now, all the families in the ward want me to come over and make crepes. And, they are pretty fantastic, thanks to a recipe of my wonderful mother who I absolutely adore.

-We worked a lot with inactive members this week. It sort of bothers me. Here, all the inactive members have awesome testimonies, they're just flippin' lazy. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS PEOPLE. THE CHURCH IS TRUE. But really they're pretty cool in their own lazy way. 

Well, this was my week. I hope you're all having a wonderful time of magical awesomeness and stuff. I love you all and you all rock socks to the utmost degree of rocking on the Mike Hintze scale of Rockage. Well, peace out, peeps. 


Dad on his mission, and me on mine!

Elder Hintze 

No comments:

Post a Comment