Monday, November 25, 2013

GOOD NEWS!!!! I GOT MY VISA!!!!

I GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave to Brazil on December 10th!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!! 

So the baptism was great! So many members showed up to support Ryszard and it was awesome. Ryszard was already being a missionary! He brought a bunch of friends to the baptism and we got a bunch of return appointments! It was an exciting week! When Ryszard was baptized, the Spirit filled the room so much and it was amazing. It was cool that the visitors had that opportunity to feel the Spirit. 

I think the Lord was preparing me to get my visa these past couple of weeks. A few weeks ago, I got to go to lunch with a guy who recently returned from a mission in Brazil and we talked for an hour, just having a conversation in Portuguese. And then, this last Friday, I got to teach my first lesson in Portuguese!!! 



So in the area next to ours, there was a referral for a family that spoke Portuguese, so the missionaries in that area told the Spanish missionaries for our zone, which one of the missionaries is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. His name is Elder Moraes. So Elder Moraes and I are pretty good friends, so he called me, and we got permission from the Zone Leaders to visit this family. So on Friday, my companions dropped us off, and we knocked on the door. The wife and husband came and talked to us, and then we ended up talking Portuguese. But since I was the only one not fluent, I was a little quiet. I understood pretty much everything, which was funny when the wife said something along the lines of: "so he doesn't speak Portuguese?" so I responded "Oh, I speak Portuguese". It was really funny. But we had a good conversation for a really long time and then got a return appointment for Wednesday. But the Spanish missionaries will have to go because I just found out about transfers! Just right now! 

I'm going to North Point YSA with Elder Calkins (one of the Elders in my area now) and Elder Thomas. I think thats the area with Kevin Tie! Anyways, I am excited! The Portuguese Speaking Elders are in my district over there, and Elder Moraes just got transferred to the Portuguese Branch! Anyways, a lot of news. A lot of change. I am so excited though! So all day tomorrow I will be packing. 

Anyways, I've gotta go right now, but I'll see if I can email a bit later. Okay, I love you all! This church is true!

Elder Hintze

No comments:

Post a Comment